Listen to Podcast Audio
In this episode we get to chat with Maria Lamardo: Speaker, Front End Engineer, Vue Vixens NC chapter leader, Community Organizer, and Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst. We discuss how Maria went from a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst to a career in development with a focus on Web Accessibility. We explore her unique journey, and how it’s changed her life.
We dive into all things about Web Accessibility: the challenges, the legal ramifications, and having an authentic impression in user experience. We point out some real ways to affect the things we build, and how to implement them. …and listen to the very end for something that you didn’t know about Lucky Charms.
Everything your business needs for digital speed and agility.
- Personal Website: https://mlama007.github.io/Portfolio/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MariaLamardo
- Maria Lamardo ⚡️ VueConf US 2019: https://www.thundernerds.io/2019/04/maria-lamardo-vueconf-us-2019/
- Vue Vixens: https://www.vuevixens.org/
- Websites need to be more accessible for disabled people: https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/2/5/18210912/websites-ada-compliance-lawsuits
- Lawsuit: https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/1/20750913/dominos-pizza-website-accessible-blind-supreme-court-lawsuit
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview: https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/
- Mac Accessibility Tools: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204434
- Windows Accessibility Tools: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13810/windows-keyboard-shortcuts-accessibility
- Chrome Vox: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/7031755?hl=en
- Funkify: https://www.funkify.org
- Chrome Audits: https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/accessibility/reference
- Lighthouse: https://developers.google.com/web/tools/lighthouse/
- Web Accessibility with Vue.js: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHubDB6DIfE
- Vue Announcer: https://github.com/vue-a11y/vue-announcer