Listen to Podcast Audio
In this episode we get to speak with Laura Kalbag: Author, Co-Founder and Designer at Indie. We chat with Laura about her residence in Ireland, and the the current European political climate with regards to Brexit. We then dive into Laura’s company Indie, and their product Better; Better is a privacy tool for Safari on iPhone, iPad, and Mac that protects from behavioural ads and companies that track and profile on the web. We also discuss the state of surveillance capitalism as a whole, and what we can do about it.
We also talk about Laura’s book ACCESSIBILITY FOR EVERYONE, and examine many of the ways designers and developers affect people’s lives on a day-to-day.
- Website: https://laurakalbag.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/laurakalbag
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurakalbag/
- ACCESSIBILITY FOR EVERYONE, by Laura Kalbag:
- Indie: https://ind.ie/
- Better: https://better.fyi/
- Mastadon: https://joinmastodon.org/
- Alan Cooper: https://userdefenders.com/podcast/053-be-a-good-ancestor-with-alan-cooper-part-1/
- DuckDuckGo: https://duckduckgo.com/
- Findx: https://www.findx.com/
- FastMail: https://www.fastmail.com/
- Accessibility Weekly: https://a11yweekly.com/
- Inclusive Components: https://inclusive-components.design/