In this episode we get to speak with creative developer, Patrick Brouwer. Patrick gives us a sneak peek into the logic of his new animation app Spirit. Spirit provides a way to easily animate objects on the web. We get the nitty-gritty on how it works, who it’s for, and how it’s way different from all the other apps that try to service this need.
Patrick also performs a two hour guitar solo from the song Hotel California.
Video Skip Links
- What is the industry like in the Netherlands https://youtu.be/N7qGn2TvZOA?t=4m19s
- Where did Patrick get his start https://youtu.be/N7qGn2TvZOA?t=6m38s
- Spirit: Easily animate objects on the web. For Designers & Developers. https://youtu.be/N7qGn2TvZOA?t=8m20s
- Bret Victor’s talk called “Inventing on Principle”. https://youtu.be/N7qGn2TvZOA?t=12m55s
- What will Spirit’s UI look like https://youtu.be/N7qGn2TvZOA?t=15m2s
- Who is Spirit for https://youtu.be/N7qGn2TvZOA?t=27m31s
- Patrick performs a two hour guitar solo from the song Hotel California https://youtu.be/N7qGn2TvZOA?t=39m24s
Software and Web Developer with experience in design, conceptualization and programming for mobile devices and web interfaces. In my spare time I follow up with the latest web trends, techniques and new possibilities.
Founder of Spirit (animation tooling for the web)
My passion is about creating new innovative and creative cross-media concepts, following on-the-edge technology. I am always interested in new challenges, so feel free to connect!
- Guest: Patrick Brouwer
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pbrouwer/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/patrickbrouwer
- Owner and Creative Developer – Interactive Media http://www.inlet.nl
- Git: https://github.com/inlet
- Spirit https://spiritapp.io
- Why I’m Building Spirit: https://medium.com/@patrickbrouwer/why-i-am-building-spiritjs-9f4fbe1f2f9c
- Bret Victor’s talk called Inventing on Principle
- Spirited Away: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429
- Random Studio: http://random.studio
- Brian: Pixel 2 XL https://store.google.com/product/pixel_2
- Frederick: Edge released for iOS and Android https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge-mobile
- Patrick: Protanopia http://andrebergs.com/protanopia/